Thursday, February 24, 2011

Is twitter the new singles bar or Have you ever seen my DM box?

I am a prolific tweeter and have been for a few years. I enjoy micro blogging just like I enjoy talking about myself. I tweet about complete randomness and Patron. Are my tweets overly sexual? I don't think so- but I often get @replies that take me there. I tweet about life, love and the pursuit of whatever my obsession happens to be at that moment- shoes, star wars legos, sex, drugs, music, rift, etsy.

There is something completely liberating about twitter- maybe it is the anonymity of the entire thing. Twitter is like a unmoderated chatroom in flux- you never know who is chatting, people come and they go, and basically you can say whatever the fuck you want. I like that. I may show my face and give some 'real life' details about my occupation, location, etc... but the people who follow me, don't really know me. Unless of course they are my friends outside of my tweet box. I have a handful of 'real' friends who are in my tweet stream and most are not shocked at the things I say.

In 'public' tweets- much of what goes on in my stream is silly, chatty, catty, and well I admit it- down right retarded.  But... my DM box is where the party is!!!

I get a breadth of DMs- from just private chatter with the girls/guys, sexual DMs, someone needing someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on, someone seeking advice,  people asking questions, but I would say that the vast majority of DMs are flirty! Women, men, inanimate objects seeking a more intimate connection via direct messages. I do not always reply- especially if you are throwing that creepy sleazy vibe. I do not always flirt back in fact. I have been told that I was not a very good flirt. PSHAW!

Is twitter the new singles bar?
See a pretty avatar and some interesting tweets and then make your way over to their part of the twitter stream? Send them some @replies first to test the waters and then BAM she/he follows you back. Oh it is on and cracking now! But what do you say?

For a trollop and a 'modern' and 'independent' woman- I am very traditional! Traditional in the sense that I prefer the flirter to make any and all first moves! I am basically talking about non twitter flirting here but I think the same rule applies. In my dating life- I never make the first call, I never plan the dates, I never pay and I expect you to remember all proper dating etiquette. If you have not opened the door for me, I will prompt you! If you have not asked for me to have a seat or offer me a drink, you will get a reminder followed by a 'were you raised in a barn'. I may exhibit a lot of masculine energy but I still like to be treated like a lady when I have my clothes on.

I was replying back and forth to a lovely fellow the other day and @s turned to DMs. Friendly and informative DMs at first then turned a little flirty. Remember to read from the bottom up.



The conversation simply began about my experience in Haiti over the summer. Then we both share our phobia of toilets that do not flush. And low and behold in just a few characters it is flirting- geek style. I won't share the rest of the DMs are they get pretty involved about life and love and what not- but I am sure you get the picture.

Is twitter the new singles bar? I don't think so at all! I do think that flirt tweeting is a great confidence booster and ego stroke. Nothing ever has to go past flirting so there is no pressure and no drama.

Give it a whirl! And if you try this with me and I know you are married- I will remind you of your loving spouse every day!

Xoxo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment