Monday, February 21, 2011

What are your 5 non negotiables? Are you fucking kidding me?


Not a new but a post post a repost from posterous


What are your 5 non negotiables? Are you fucking kidding me?

It must have been a few days ago- I can't remember, everything seems hazy,  (Just getting over a terrible flu/cold and was basically drunk on Nyquil for the past 4 days) that I was watching the MILLIONAIRE MATCHMAKER while talking to my girlfriend on the telephone. 
She is single and ready to mingle while I am single and LEAVE ME ALONE. I am not looking for that someone special. Been there done that, will do it again I am sure but I don't want it now. I am just having a great time doing what and who I want. But my girlfriend is actively looking for that someone special. She is in California and has been in and out of long term relationships since I have known her. 
While watching the show, Patti Stanger the Millionaire matchmaker lady asked her client what were her 5 non negotiables? My Cali girl friend shot hers off to me. 1, 2, 3. 4, 5. She must have given this some thought as it seemed natural for her to tell me- but when my girlfriend asked me "What are your 5 non negotiables"?- I just replied with an "uh uh uh I don't have any". Thankfully, I am not looking for that special someone in my life so I don't have to be prepared with a list of hard and fast non negotiables. But, the conversation with my gal pal got me to thinking. What are my qualifiers, what do I want/need from a Ms. or Mr. Right? 
I know that my heart and mind are connected- I cannot get turned on by a person if they do not have potential for longevity. NOT SAYING I JUST CANT SCREW THEM AND FORGET ABOUT IT- I totally can. But, I need to see the person as a match for me or I won't get moist, there is no chemistry- none!!! 
What if that person is totally hot? Yeah that is not doing it for me there has to be some substance there, they have to make me laugh, they have to 'get me'.
So with that being said, I came up with "5 non negotiables". 
Listed in no specific order:
1. Chemistry- I don't know how to  quantify this, either you have it together or you don't. There are many levels of chemistry, I suppose what I am seeking is the highest level where every time I see you I want to hop in the sack. I don't find intense chemistry that often but when I do- I hold onto it for a very long time.  
2. Self confidence that at least matches my own. Yeah I can't do whiney baby emo, I just can't. I like strong people. I feed off of powerful masculine (even in a woman) energy. I even find cocky a bit sexy- not douchy cocky but very high self confidence.
3. Intelligence- Book smarts and street smarts. A nice mixture of formal education and street swagga. Can we discuss Jacques Derrida while watching the Dallas cowboys game? Is a college education a must- Yes it is. College education is no measure of education, however a college education displays that at the very least you were smart enough to convince all of your professors to give you a passing grade.
4. Teh Funneh- If you don't make me laugh my pants don't come off. I love randomness and teh funneh. I love to laugh so hard that I cry real tears and I have been lucky enough to be surrounded by people who make me do this daily. I need funny in my life. I am pretty funny and I hate being in a relationship where I am the only one with wit- I am not here to entertain you. Lets entertain each other. 
5. Altruism-I give a lot of myself to my community, my friends, my family, and the world. I think it is important to be selfless and just be caring. It is hard to act on one's feelings of altruism, we have so many personal responsibilities- bills, taking care of loved ones, etc... But to have a heart that is altruistic, for another person to feel that they are obligated to make this world a better place, to leave this world satisfied that you did your part-well that is what I desire.

So thats my 5.
What a tall order!

0 comments:

Post a Comment