Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fast Forward to now.

I can't believe it has been 3 months since I have not set foot in an office. Well roughly 3 months. I cannot even believe I thought I was going to be bored! What was I thinking?

As I type this, just having come from outside laying in the sun with my dog, smell of sandalwood incense perfumes my house and I light this very large blunt.

I am happy.

I created this blog because I wanted to chronicle all the crazy romance and dating shit I was going though. I wanted a safe place to share my thoughts without judgement and make a few people laugh along the way. I have totally completed that.

I was in a bad place in my life before I quit my job. It was a difficult decision but in the end, I believe, the best decision I have ever made in my life. The organization I was with no longer met my personal needs. I had to go and I did. I have to watch my money very closely, I could not go on trips and buy things I wanted but, I am able to pay my bills and take care of my basics.

When I stopped working, I threw myself into my yoga practice. I have practiced yoga very inconstantly for 3ish years and since I was not working, I thought time to get into a regular practice. I also thought it time I try to love running. I ran when I was in high school, the 440 even and with age I just did not have that zest for running any more.

Fast forward to now.
I attend at least 10 practices every week.
I run every day.
I go to the gym every other day.

I lost the nagging 12 pounds that was attached to my ass from sitting on it all day at work.

I feel beast. I feel bad ass.

Today for yoga boot camp was: I can manifest my own destiny. Stolen from the pages of American History books. But put yourself in a hippie minds set and you know where I am getting at. I can make whatever I desire happen for me. This has been pretty true most of my life as I have always worked hard to get where I am and get what I want. No ego.

I used to dread going to this one instructors yoga class. OMG the sheer mention of his name sent shivers up my spine. He was just too bad ass, his classes were just super advanced, I wanted to be able to move my body after one of his classes not be comatose. Although, I had known him for 2 years, I had never taken his class because of this fear.
I had to get over my fear as my BFF said I had to come, get high and then take his hot yoga class- it was 'trans formative' she told me. So I did and 2 times a week, I took his hard ass class. Sweating my ass off, huffing and puffing, falling on the floor and just looking a fool.
I spent more time talking to that teacher whilst on the mat. Love, life, meditation, and yoga were our topics of choice- this progressed to smoking before class and a friendship began.

And as luck would have it.
I am dating my yoga teacher.

Funny how things can change from one season to the next.

1 comments:

lori said...

LOVE!
and damn you and your security words :-/

Post a Comment