Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dreaming

For a very long time- I either did not remember my dreams or did not have any. For a very long time I did not go to sleep; I feel asleep. I would stay awake until I just could not take being awake anymore and crashed either on my couch or my bed.


For nearly a year, I have made every effort to actually go to bed. To make the effort to lay down, relax and drift into sleep- not just pass out. And for nearly a year, I have remembered my dreams.


Most of my dreams are of boring menial tasks- cooking, shoe shopping, having coffee or lunch with friends from the past- nothing exciting.


But last night, in my dream, I was a stripper.


In my dream, I was not on stage, but back stage, getting ready (I guess) putting make up on and smoothing the bra strap indentions out of my skin.


I wonder why I dreamed of this- as much as I talk down the profession and make huge generalizations of the women who strip for pay.


Curious. 

1 comments:

Post a Comment